Zucchini and Mint Fritters
Whether for breakfast, brunch or lunch in bed, these fritters are sophisticated and easy to make.
Write a review
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 3 zucchinis
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped mint
- 4 eggs
- 200 gm goat’s cheese, coarsely crumbled
- Finely grated rind of 2 lemons, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 3/4 cup (loosely packed) pea tendrils (optional)
- 6 edible flowers, trimmed and halved lengthways (optional)
- Grate the zucchini and place into a colander, sprinkle with a little sea salt and mix. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Once rested, squeeze out the moisture from the zucchini with your hands and then set aside.
- Blanch peas in a saucepan of boiling water until tender and bright green, roughly two minutes. Drain the peas and pulse in a food processor to a chunky purée. Meanwhile, whisk the buttermilk and two eggs in a bowl to combine, then add flour and mix until smooth. Stir in the zucchini, spring onion, mint, lemon rind and peas then season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 130C. Heat a centimetre of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 cupfuls of batter and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through. Drain fritters on paper towels and place in a single layer on a baking tray in oven to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook remaining four eggs in a saucepan of boiling water until cooked to your liking (the eggs pictured were cooked for 7 minutes). Remove from the water and, once cooled enough to handle, peel. Serve fritters with eggs, lemon wedges and goat’s cheese and scatter with pea tendrils and edible flowers.
- Rediscover the joy of cooking with our gluten free all purpose flour.
The Gluten Free Table https://theglutenfreetable.com.au/