Blueberry and Coconut Muffins
Monday morning got you searching for something a bit different for breakfast? With blueberries and toasted coconut, this breakfast-on-the-go tastes great, is low in calories and uses yoghurt instead of butter. As per usual the buttercream frosting, although delicious, is entirely optional.
Write a review
For the muffins
- 2 cups (375g) gluten free all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup (110g) caster sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup (180ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (140g) thick Greek-style (natural) yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (30g) shredded coconut, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 cup (150g) frozen blueberries
For the buttercream
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
To make the muffins
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 12 x 1/2 cup capacity muffin tin with paper cases. Lightly coat the paper cases with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, egg, oil, yoghurt and vanilla in a bowl and mix until just combined. Gently fold through the toasted coconut and blueberries. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle with extra coconut and sugar and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre of a muffin comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
To make the buttercream
- Beat butter in a bowl until pale using an electric mixer. Gradually add icing sugar mixture and milk, beating constantly until combined.
- Top muffins with vanilla buttercream (optional) and decorate with flaked coconut and blueberries to serve.
- Rediscover the joy of baking with our gluten free all purpose flour.
The Gluten Free Table https://theglutenfreetable.com.au/