Combining grapefruit, yoghurt and a sprinkling of muesli this may be the ultimate breakfast loaf. Not only a humorous play on my very favourite breakfast things, this loaf is also moist, super delicious and can be thrown together in minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more
- 1 tablespoon finely grated grapefruit zest
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 3⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup muesli, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a loaf pan with non-stick baking paper and lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Using your fingers, work grapefruit zest into the sugar sugar in a large bowl until sugar starts to clump and mixture is fragrant.
- Add eggs, oil, and vanilla to the sugar mix and beat with an electric mixer on high speed until light and thick, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and mix in half of dry ingredients, then mix in 3⁄4 cup yogurt.
- Mix in remaining dry ingredients.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake loaf until top is golden brown and a tester inserted into the centre comes out clean, roughly an hour.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Whisk icing sugar, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 teaspoon of water and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl until smooth and drizzle over cake.
- Sprinkle with your choice of muesli and let sit until glaze is set, about 30 minutes.
Enjoy what you made 😀