The ultimate vegan nachos with cashew sour cream, walnut crumble and a load of irresistible toppings. They’re that bloody good that everybody will want to get in on the action.
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked in boiling water
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 garlic clove crushed)
- Salt and pepper, to season
Cashew sour cream:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 chopped tomatoes, deseeded
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or canned
- 2 avocados, finely sliced
- Green chilli, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- For the walnut crumble, combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until crumbly in texture. Don’t be tempted to over blend the mixture, as you’d end up with paste. Go slow and steady.
- For the cashew sour cream, drain nuts and place in blender along with 1/4 cup cold water, salt, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Puree until smooth and creamy, adding more water if required, then refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add the corn kernels along with a dash of salt. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes until corn starts to char, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- To assemble the nachos, arrange corn chips in two medium bowls topping with the walnut crumble, tomato, onion and corn. Add a few more corn chips then add the avocado, chilli and coriander; drizzle with the cashew sour cream to finish.
Start the recipe a day in advance by soaking the cashews.