Spiced sweet potato and chickpea salad
Simple baked sweet potatoes topped with a chickpea salad and harissa yoghurt dressing. Delicious, vibrant, healthy, and naturally gluten free.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed and sliced into wedges
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 300g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 100g roasted almond kernels, roughly chopped (set aside a few to serve)
- 1/2 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/4 preserved lemon, with flesh removed and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon dukkah
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Add the sliced sweet potato to a large mixing bowl then sprinkle over a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and the paprika. Drizzle over 2 tablespoons olive oil, then toss everything together to coat. Spread out into a single layer over a large baking tray, then bake in the hot oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through then set aside.
- Meanwhile, place yogurt in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper then add harissa paste and lemon zest and gently swirl ingredients.
- For the simple chickpea salad, combine the chickpeas, almonds, coriander and preserved lemon in a mixing bowl and season with salt and freshly ground back pepper.
- To serve, place hot wedges of roast potatoes on plates and top with chickpea salad then spoon over the harissa yoghurt dressing. Top with additional almonds and dukkah and serve.