Grilled pumpkin and pomegranate salad
Grilled pumpkin, pomegranate and a garlicky yoghurt dressing combine in a salad bursting with flavour. With a balanced combination of opposing flavours and textures, this is truly a recipe which is more than just the sum of its parts. Delicious served alongside any grilled protein, this salad is wonderfully versatile.
- 1 Spanish onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup (120ml) white wine vinegar
- 300 grams pumpkin sliced to 1cm
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Seeds from 1/2 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup pumpkin (pepita) seeds
- 2 cups baby rocket leaves
- 1 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1 cup (250 ml) natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place onion in a small bowl and add vinegar. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour to pickle slightly and loose some of its sharpness.
- Place pumpkin in a large bowl. Add oil and toss to coat.
- Heat a char grill pan or large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook pumpkin for 5 to 7 minute each side or until browned and tender.
- Set aside to cool.
- For garlic yoghurt sauce, combine ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- If the dressing is too thick, add water (a little at a time) until it’s a looser consistency.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, adding roasted pumpkin, onion, pomegranate and pumpkin seeds. Toss to combine.
- Drizzle with yoghurt dressing and scatter with black sesame seeds.
Enjoy what you made 😀