Roast beetroot salad
This delicious salad with beetroot and goats cheese is packed full of healthy goodness.
- 1/2 cup (100g) black lentils, soaked overnight
- 3 large beetroots, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
- Finely grated zest of 2 oranges
- 1 cup rocket, washed
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup (40g) hazelnuts, toasted
- 150 grams goats cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Rinse and drain lentils, then place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-20 minutes until tender.
- When the lentils are almost cooked, add 1 teaspoon salt and continue to simmer until tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold water, then place in a large bowl.
- Wrap beetroot in foil and place on a baking tray.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and set aside in their foil for 15 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, unwrap and slip off the skins.
- Chop beetroots into bite-size pieces and add to the lentils.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, honey and a pinch of salt in a small bowl, then pour over the salad.
- Add orange zest, salad leaves, parsley and walnuts, and season to serve.
Enjoy what you made 😀